Total Pageviews

Friday, February 17, 2012

Putting new knowledge to use

Okay, I ain't sayin it's all that pretty, but it's a new effort to repurpose hats that went wrong.  Oh yeah, they went wayyyy wrong.  First the color they went in the washing machine with didn't come out the other side, and then, the never did shrink.  So they've been sitting around here taking up space and niggling at the back of my head to morph into something......this morning they did.  Well, maybe morphed isn't quite the word, maybe it's more they splurffed into being.  I cut pieces out of several hats and used a felting needle to hammer them into what looks like a giant amoeba with a suntan.  It's not, as I said, pretty, but I think it's interesting and it's another foray into needle felting.  I'm thinking next time I'll be making a hat embellishment for a pin back, it will have a more,.....cohesive?,.............no, I know, *defined* shape.  Yes, yes, that's it....I'll make a fish shape for the next one.  That outta be good dontcha think?  Yep, yepper, I believe I'll make a fish.

So friends, I'm off to make more hats and stuff. ;-)

Toodles for now





1 comment:

  1. LOL! "giant amoeba!" You have a humorous talent for writing, not just knitting!
    - LA

    ReplyDelete